Delegated Decisions

The parish council is unable to hold public meetings at the present time and a temporary scheme of delegation has been put in place in order to protect business continuity.  The Clerk, in consultation with the Chairman and Vice Chairman, has been given delegated powers to make decisions on behalf of the council.  E-mail will be used to replicate physical debate between councillors.

A register of officer decisions is available on this website. 

We are awaiting further instructions from the Government. 

Procedure for dealing with planning applications

  1. When the Clerk receives notification of a planning application from Cornwall Council, a link to Cornwall Council's planning portal will be put on this site.  The public will then have 5 days to submit comments to the Clerk.  At the same time the Clerk will inform councillors of the application.
  2. At the end of the 5 day public opportunity, the Clerk will summarise comments and circulate them to councillors for a further 5 working days.  Under GDPR regulations, individual comments will not be forwarded without the express permission of the sender.
  3. Under the Emergency Scheme of Delegation, the Clerk in consultation with the Chairman and Vice-Chairman will draft a response which identifies relevant material considerations and may give local information or opinion.  Once agreed with the Chairman and Vice Chairman the response will be shared with members for 2 days for any comments before being sent to Cornwall Council with the following statement: "Due to the current restrictions placed on the council as a result of the pandemic Coronavirus, this response represents the opinion of members of Carlyon Parish Council identified through a consultation process and will be ratified at the next appropriate meeting of the council".
  4. The parish council's response will then be posted on the parish council's website.
  5. If the matter is referred back to the council under the 5 day protocol, the Emergency Scheme of Delegation will allow the Clerk to take any appropriate action to respond on behalf of the council.